2009年6月8日 星期一

Group Project Discusion on 05/27

2009.05.27
Having no patience in children, I had considered myself not suitable for being a teacher. So I was not so interested in making a research of English teaching at first.
But it was better doing something than idle. Therefore, when Lin suggested adopt this topic, I made no objection.

Had learned from teacher and former interviewers, I knew there were people using Second Life (SL) as teaching material indeed and I wondered there must be many chances to meet. However, there were only a few places found according to key words like “English”, “English teaching”, “ESL” and “second language” and some of them were even not able to be teleported to. It was out of my surprise that we came to our first difficulty so quick. Until meeting with teacher in SL today, we had found only 2 places, “English Town” and “ESL”. I mentioned the former and Lin gave the latter.

“English Town” is actually a solid company, which is named “EF”, in real world (RL). It is responsible for most abroad studies in England. In my opinion, to find it is really lucky because it is a big and famous company and the equipment and environment it provides in SL are really nice. But the fact knocks me down again because I cannot find anyone there to make an interview to. The last way I have is to send an instant message (IM) to the owner to ask and wait for a chance to interview him/her.

“ESL” was found by Lin due to her friend, who had once taught in “ESL”. And we are lucky enough to have her willing to give us a class if we need. But after we visited “ESL”, there is the same problem with “English Town”. We can find no one there, either. Guessing we came at the wrong time, so we also send an IM to the owner by everyone to ask for an interview chance.During the time to wait for their responses, we are going to find the other place to visit and to make our interview. Because I have to stay home, where the computer isn’t good enough to get on SL, during the following weekend, I will search for possibilities on Internet.

沒有留言:

張貼留言